I’m sure you have heard it before, “You never get a second chance to make a first impression!” Well your front door is no exception. This is the focal point of your home and is usually the first thing and the last thing someone sees when visiting your home or could be the only thing they see if just driving by. Your entrance is a great place to highlight your personality or share some holiday spirit. Check out some of the tips below for some fresh ideas for your front door.
Change up the look of the door:
- Install a new door, maybe a different style or one with a window.
- If you’re on a budget a fresh coat of paint can make a big difference too.
- If you are painting it, maybe it is time to consider a new color. Your front door is a great place to add a pop of color.
Your front door’s accessories:
- Make your house #’s standout with a new color, style or placement.
- Replace or polish the door knob..
- Add character to your door by hanging a door knocker.
Each front door has a different space around it. Some homes have a front door with just a stoop, while others have large porches or walkways leading up to them. No matter the space around your door you can make your entry way warm and welcoming.
Update the setting:
- Create an unobstructed path to your front door so anyone passing by has a clear view of the door.
- Add a welcoming door mat… another great place to let your personality shine through.
- Potted plants or hanging flowers add natural beauty to the front porch.
- Add a welcoming sign or chalkboard that you can update with a seasonal message near your front door.
- Large candles or lanterns can add warmth.
- Get creative and look for or make a wreath to hang. You can use command hooks or a wreath hanger to get the right placement.